FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Last Updated Friday, August 26, 2022 at 9 a.m.
This document summarizes P-CCS strategies for the mitigation of COVID-19 for the 2022-23 school year. These strategies are based on guidance from the Wayne County Health Department (“WCHD”), Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (“MDHHS”) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the “CDC”). We will adhere to all MHSAA requirements pertaining to athletics. These strategies must remain dynamic, allowing the district flexibility to adjust based on guidelines from the aforementioned public health authorities (or experts).
2022-23 Mitigation Strategies:
- Daily Screening:
- Staff, students (to be completed by parent or guardian), and visitors will continue to self-screen daily before attending school, camp, or any other activity on district property. With symptoms suggestive of covid, staff and students shall test for COVID-19 and only attend school with negative test results.
- All suspected and positive cases, as well as personal/household close contact exposures, shall immediately be reported to the school health care staff, school office, or the activity coordinator.
- Positive Cases:
- P-CCS will continue to utilize the district website to communicate positive cases identified on school grounds.
- Positive cases must continue to isolate and follow “mask to stay” guidance.
- Positive cases will continue to be reported to the WCHD.
- Completing this form notifies necessary staff of positive cases so that school guidance can be given:
- Personal / household exposures may be required to “mask to stay.” Please continue to report personal/household exposures to the school health care staff, school office, or the activity coordinator.
- Testing is one of many tools utilized to allow for safe in-person instruction. Home/self antigen test results are acceptable in most instances. Please consult with your school’s health staff for specific guidance on testing. To request at home test kits, complete this Google Form.
- We will continue offering free COVID-19 test kits while supplies last.
- We will continue to partner with WCHD to offer COVID-19 testing opportunities throughout the district.
- P-CCS will continue to support individuals’ choice for mask use in school facilities and on buses. Please use this COVID-19 Masking Guidance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to help answer any of your questions on masking at P-CCS buildings.
- We will adhere to WCHD and MDHHS guidance requiring students and staff to ‘mask to stay’ following isolation and/or personal/household exposures.
- Disposable masks, including KN95, will be available at every school building in the district for anyone in need.
- MDHHS guidance for masking can be found here.
- P-CCS will return to pre-pandemic class sizes and classroom practices for the 2022-23 school year. Examples of these practices include small group or partner work, learning centers, carpet time, cooperative learning experiences, flexible grouping and seating, and group games and activities.
- Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer (will be available) will continue to be encouraged throughout the day.
- We will continue using all MERV-13 filters, where feasible, and air purification systems will be used in all classrooms and common spaces.
- Standard daily classroom and common area cleaning with additional sanitizing protocols to be used in localized areas (classroom or school) as needed.
- Protocols will remain in place for students to receive instruction during absences of greater than three days due to Covid-19.
- We will continue to partner with the Wayne County Health Department to offer vaccination clinics for the P-CCS community.
- Daily Screening:
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.